Friday, September 25

Ponyo, Ponyo...


Who loves Ponyo? I know I do!

This enchanting new film from the renowned Studio Ghibli is simply stunning. While the film hasnt yet been realeased in the UK at all, I was lucky enoigh to watch the original Japanese version and I was stunned. This is a wonderful filmand I am so pleased that its getting such a hig reception here in the West.

But what im NOT happy about is the way that the Walt Disney Pictures are managing its realease. While the film was first realeased in Japan in July 2008 and in the US in August 2009, Disney have kept pushing and pushing the realease date until now its been set for - wait for it - Febuary 2010! Come on! Thats almost two years after the original release!

Although I love Disney, I cant help feeling that Disney is not giving this film the same care and attention that it gives its own productions, and in a way I dont blame them (after all, it makes sense that they give thier own work priority) but I'm mad and upset and yearning for some fish-faced-goldfish love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know - leave a comment.